PorterLB is an open-source load balancer implementation designed for bare-metal Kubernetes clusters.
In cloud-based Kubernetes clusters, Services are usually exposed by using load balancers provided by cloud vendors. However, cloud-based load balancers are unavailable in bare-metal environments. PorterLB allows users to create LoadBalancer Services in bare-metal environments for external access, and provides the same user experience as cloud-based load balancers.
- BGP mode and Layer 2 mode
- ECMP routing and load balancing
- IP address pool management
- BGP configuration using CRDs
- Installation using Helm and KubeSphere
Support, Discussion and Contributing
PorterLB is a sub-project of KubeSphere.
- Join us at the KubeSphere Slack Channel to get support or simply tell us that you are using PorterLB.
- You have code or documents for PorterLB? Contributions are always welcome! See Building and Contributing to obtain guidance.
PorterLB is a promising newcomer in Service proxy, which enriches the CNCF CLOUD NATIVE Landscape.
PorterLB is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. See LICENSE for the full license text.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.